Conor McGregor is due in court in Ireland on October 11 — and according to local reports, it’s to face an assault charge stemming from that pub attack back in April.
TMZ Sports broke the story … Conor walked into the Marble Arch Pub in Dublin on April 6 and punched a patron in the face after he refused a shot of Conor’s Irish whiskey.
Cops investigated the incident and now a spokesperson for the Irish police tells us a court date has been set in the case.
Conor is facing one count of assault, according to the Irish news outlet The Independent, which carries a maximum 6-month jail sentence if convicted.
Conor has spoken about the incident publicly … telling ESPN in August, “I was in the wrong.”
McGregor added, “That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without having to end the way it did.”
During the ESPN interview, Conor said he tried to make amends with the victim but didn’t specify how or if he was able to do that.
“But still, that doesn’t even matter. I was in the wrong,” McGregor said.
In the meantime, Conor has said he wants to return to the UFC and fight again … but no match has been set.
We reached out to McGregor’s camp for comment. So far, no word back.
It’s not the first … or second time Conor has been accused of a violent crime — he was arrested for attacking a UFC bus back in April 2018 and was busted in Florida for taking and smashing a man’s phone in front of a Miami hotel in 2019.